Thursday, November 22, 2012
This year has been a crazy year with so many changes, so many accomplishments, so many ups and downs. This had made me come to appreciate some things this year that have heretofore gone unnoticed.
Thoughts of gratitude from my run (in no particular order) (and not all inclusive... just what came to me while running):
1) My kids. They are as different as the seasons, but each bring its own beauty as the seasons do, as well.
2) Morgan. I have been able to spend more time with my oldest this past few months, and I forgot how much I love her. She sometimes makes me want to strangle her, and I know she sometimes thinks I am crazy/weird, but I just really have enjoyed getting to know her again.
3) Running. Seriously. This is my sanity... literally and figuratively. I know that someday I may not be able to run, but today is not that day... and for that I give thanks.
4) Hayden. For someone who has started from step 1, and had never handled a power tool... and built a company into what he is taking care of today, I am truly amazed and impressed. He has given up much for me, and I am grateful for his listening ear, his BFF status for me, his crazy work ethic, the friend and listener he is to my kids, and the amazing dad he is to his girl who pretty much think he is THE KING.
5) My job. I know... I'm weird to love teaching jr high, but it is where I feel I truly make a difference. My students love me and I love them (most of the time... with the exception perhaps of block days... and maybe sometimes not during 7th period ;) I have some amazing co-workers who make my job more bearable because they are in my life.
6) Wade. This kid has grown so much this past year... both in inches and in character. He is the peacemaker OF THE WORLD and is willing to sacrifice whatever his opinion is for the benefit of others... which is admirable, but more admirable is how much he has learned to speak his mind, and have a say. And when Wade is around... he is THE KING, and Hayden has to step down from that status.
7) Ability to be introspective. I hope I never lose being able to take other people's feedback and process it, and decide what really applies to me, and how I can become a better person from it.
8) Aspen. Holy cow. This girl makes me grateful EVERYDAY! She is the "cleaner" of the house as of this past week or two, and if I don't watch, she has moved my stuff to wherever she has decided is "the place" for it. She has more energy than a herd of chickens (or a classroom full of 12 year olds), and somedays my gratitude is just in having her fall asleep early. I love her, and she gives love so freely to everyone.
9) Great people in my life. I have some pretty amazing friends, I have an AWESOME set of in laws that anyone should be envious of, and I have some wonderful people I'm related to that would give their shirts off their back for ANYONE... and sometimes do for me. I love you guys, and I truly do appreciate having you in my life! Thanks Arica, Becky, Jocelyn, Frank & Debra and Kara.
10) Brenden. Serving a mission in Canada, and I have forgotten how much I took for granted just being able to see him when I felt like it (even if it did require a 3 hour drive). Aspen is counting down the days to see him, and I know he is going to be such a great missionary.
Saturday, August 11, 2012
We stopped by a real toy store yesterday. I've been wanting to go to this place since I read about it on Nie Nie's blog. Lets just say the game we bought was a hit and we are headed back again... Especially since it is at Gateway now. Love this place.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
|Hayden & Aspen|
|Walking Sticks... an essential|
|My hiking attire :)|
|Wade and Mary at the bottom of the switchbacks|
Saturday, July 28, 2012
|She spun the wheel and won $25. She bought a backpack for kindergarten|
|Aspen loved Frontier Days!|
|My view around town on my 5 miler|
Brenden got his shipping orders, and flies out to Canada next Tuesday, so his days for local care packages are numbered.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
I ended up in Provo on Brenden's P-Day with a few extra minutes to spare, so of course I had to drive by JUST IN CASE!!! He hadn't emailed yet, so I thought maybe he could be outside playing soccer or ultimate frisbee. No luck. Three weeks left to try and spot him before he is off to Canada.
This week hasn't been too crazy... other than the fact that Morgan is moving home today. Um... yeah. And she is NOT happy about having to contribute to the household (financially or with some minor house help). It's going to be a rough year or so. I am not sure who is going to come out the worse for wear, me or Morgan.
|starting line scenery.|
|road rash baby!|
|the short and the tall of it|
Sunday, July 1, 2012
|City & Colour|
|The "cabin" with the swing|
|This is Heaven... I'm sure of it|
|One of the 12,386 breaks she had to take|
|Barely Survived the Aspen Workout|
Thursday, June 21, 2012
|carriage ride @ birthday party|
|Our fridge... with an artist in the house.|
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
|beautiful "V" of 100+ pelicans flying into town|
|Climbing a tree in a dress... cause she can|