Thursday, August 12, 2010

teenagers...a pain?

I've had so many things going through my head lately of things I need to post, so many way cool summer adventures, but haven't felt much up to typing, trying to be eloquent, or trying to think of the best way to say it... so I just left it unwritten.  Hopefully I can take the events I have jotted down and write about them in the next couple days before I forget all the cool parts about them.

I have two boys that are so different in everything about them:  looks, characteristics, hobbies, how to spend free time, personality.  Wade is fair complected, Brenden is dark... Wade likes (LoveS) playing video games, Brenden would prefer to hang with friends... Wade is my peacemaker, Brenden is the antagonizer... Wade is the helper, Brenden is the motivator.  So I have learned that expecting the same results out of them for the same request will NEVER happen.  I have to nag Brenden several times a day (and sometimes into the next day) to finish his few simple jobs.  I finally had enough of being a nag, and told him of my frustration. 
He listened.
Apparently more than I thought...
the next morning this is the note on the chalkboard in the kitchen that I found.
LOVE IT!
He doesn't say much, but when he does it is usually worth paying attention to.
LOVE IT!
Brenden... love you.

No comments:

On this Blog: