Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lullabies

When Wade was a baby/toddler, we used to have a song that was "our song".  I always used to sing him "You are my sunshine" while we cuddled in bed.  Fast forward 11 years.  Aspen loves having a lullaby sung to her as she is going to bed, but her preferred song has been "Rock a Bye Baby", for some strange reason.

Two days ago I told her the story of how I used to sing "Sunshine" to Wade when he was little, and now that is the song of choice.
She'll say "Sing me the lullaby of Wade when he was a baby".
I play dumb, and say "Which one?"
"The When skies are grey song" she says.

So now... You are my sunshine is "our song"... shared by the three of us.

2 comments:

going gordon said...

That is Phoebe's song too, but I change the words to "You are my Phoebe, my only Phoebe..." She still loves it! So fun!

Julie L said...

So sweet! The one I always used was "Hush Little Baby" and I'd make up a million verses because I never knew what the real verses were. But it went on forever, and usually did the trick. Though certainly never as sweet as the sunshine song.

On this Blog: