It was 54 degrees yesterday... 54?!?! IT'S JANUARY!! It was great for running. December has been a hard month to keep up with running, sometimes only making it out once a week for a long run (to make up for not running, of course). I figured out this week one reason why it has been difficult to stay motivated... BOREDOM. Hayden dropped me off on a back road on our way home from Salt Lake this week, and I ran home. THAT was fun. New scenery, new route, new distance. So yesterday I started running in some random direction and just explored new areas as I ran. FUN!
Well, my new shoes
and cool watch that controls my ipod that I got for Christmas from Hayden definitely help with motivation.
Some of our accomplishments or notable moments for 2008:
- Aspen turned 1
- Morgan graduated from Lehi High School
- Wade began violin/orchestra
- Brenden competed in state CX tourney... personal best time!
- Hayden passed his 2 tests for his license, and picked a company name
- I was voted recipient of the Golden Apple Award by my students
- Sealed as an eternal family on 8/8/08 in Manti temple
- I ran three 5k races
- Hayden finished our stairs in hardwood!
- I officiated my last game (for awhile anyway) of basketball by reffing 3A state tournament
- Brenden got his drivers' permit (heaven help us)
- Wade was ordained a deacon
- Vegas for Hayden's #36 birthday
- Morgan went to college
- Tonia: run a 1/2 marathon
- Hayden: start up his hardwood company
- Aspen: learn to TALK! (and dribble a basketball :D )
- Brenden: beat his personal best time ~ take Region!
- Morgan: get back into school
- Wade: rocket launch w/ Grandpa Frank