Sunday, June 27, 2010

Did I mention I'm a Gardner?

I love my heritage.  We had a family reunion this weekend in Neola, Utah.  This town is probably one of the most beautiful, peaceful places on the earth (I'm nostalgic, I admit) .  Some of my relatives from California,  whom I love dearly, came, so it was well worth the trip out to the basin just for that. 

A bit about my mom's parents:  My Grandma Toni and Grandpa Roy are some of the most unconditionally loving people in the world.  Every time I drive back into Neola, I have fond memories of staying at their house, grandma's beautiful gardens and flowers, and her mad skills (quilting, sewing, cooking, gardening, canning, home repair... and she does a pretty wicked job on drywall too).  But mostly I just remember feeling loved...
Unconditionally..
Regardless of what life brought...
Without fail.


I hope someday my future generations can say the same about me.  That is a legacy of love I would love to pass on. 

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

Your Grandma looks exactly the same as I remember her. I love family reunions too!

going gordon said...

i am one of those that loves family reunions too. my husband's and mine are this weekend- yep, right on top of each other. it just might cure me of that love...

suelyn w said...

Good thing for family reunions or I'd probably never see most of the relatives! I'm glad that you could make it out, and little Aspen is the cutest.

On this Blog: