Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Denver... day 1

Ok, Hayden ROCKS!!!  Saturday morning he informed me we WEREN'T driving anywhere... we FLEW to Denver, rented a car, and stayed in an AWESOME room in downtown Denver.  It's a cool city.  Lots of old architecture, cool central downtown area, and an awesome room (complete with a fireplace).

We found out Bill Cosby was in town for the night... YEAH.  I have wanted to see him since I was little.  He reminds me so much of my Grandpa Roy, both in his mannerisms and in his humor.  The show was sold out but we managed to find two seats (not together) for the 8pm show.  It was two and a half hours of PURE humor.  Loved it.  LOVED IT.  LOVED IT!

The performing arts center in Denver is incredible.  Smash about 5 concert halls together with some incredible architecture and you have what Denver has.

The weather cooperated NICELY, and we didn't even need our winter coats we brought along.
I can't say enough for Hayden and his ingenuity.  He had me guessing about our destination up until the morning we left.

Day 2 coming later

No comments:

On this Blog: