- Regardless of the skill level, kids are crazy the last period of the day.
- Never enter a teacher bathroom that has the fan running.
- Mondays suck. Period.
- It is NOT an accident that Labor Day happens so soon after the school year starts. Many children are alive today because of this fact.
- It is possible (not recommended) to hit the bathroom, eat lunch, make copies and tend to errands in 25 minutes. (this one takes about 4 years to get used to)
- pictures as a student; small package 2 3x5s, 12 2x3s=EXPENSIVE ($20)
- pictures as a teacher; free= 1 8x10, 2 5x7s, 4 3x5s, 20 2x3s (more pictures than should legally be printed of a middle aged teacher).
- never carpool... unless you don't mind waiting in a parking lot for 20 minutes, or staying after school for 30 minutes longer than planned.
- learning the names of students the first week of school earns you bonus points for the rest of the year.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
lessons of the trade
Things I've learned from 10 years of teaching: