Monday, November 16, 2009

Things I love & don't love (hate is a bad word)

I love mornings.  Not the getting out of bed part. However, once I am outside in the cold morning, whether running or walking, I am in heaven.  I love seeing all the stars.  I love the quiet of the morning.  I love feeling my body temperature rise, while the air all around me is very cold.  LOVE IT! 

I really hate don't love it when people are supposed to follow through with plans and DON'T.  And don't call to let you know they aren't going to follow through.  Or meetings that some people think aren't worth attending, but I make the time to show up to (at 7am, mind you).  HELLO!! Other people's time is at stake here!  It should not take a month and a half to drop something in the mail (and many other examples which I'll keep to myself). I have strong feelings about this, and just don't understand how this is not just a basic human courtesy.

Anyway...

**sigh**

I love snow (for the first 3 days, anyway).  Nothing beats the first snowfall.  It feels comfortable.  It feels like Christmas: with the wind blowing outside and all my family inside.  Hot chocolate, the first Christmas music of the season, and baking with Wade & Aspen.

I love having my relief society lesson DONE.  I enjoy teaching, love the insight I get from other sisters in the ward, and like having more lesson than time (I had more time than lesson once... never again!).

I delight in having a get-away to look forward to.  In 24 days, 21 hours and 2 minutes (less by the time I'm done with this post) we will be headed to California to take a cruise to Mexico.  When it is past day #3 of snow... I'm ready for some warm weather, beaches and SUN!!   Aspen has been informed of what is coming, but I don't think there is any way she even comprehends.  She talks about it... "da boat... and Weed (Wade)... and Bennen (brenden)... and da slide... and SPLASH (I'm assuming she is referring to going down the slide and splashing into the water)... and gamma... and Aussin (her cousin Austin)"  It will be fun to see her see it all.

Not bad... 4 LOVES to 1 pet peeve.  As long as is stays with that much of a balance... life is GREAT.

5 comments:

Nathan and Shanna said...

I agree with you on all of them! Especially the don't love one! It's always wonderful to have something fun to look forward to! Can't wait to hear about the Cruise!

going gordon said...

That will be a great time to go on a cruise! Very fun! Thanks for your unbiased input on my dilemma, btw. Very helpful. ;)

Angie said...

I agree with them as well! Have fun on your trip!

Was that snow picture taken at your church? It sure looks a lot like where my in-laws go to church. We had Elise's baptism luncheon there this summer and it looks exactly the same.

Julie L said...

Oh, that cruise sounds so fun. Ok, I totally forgive you for not being able to teach that week! Agree, agree, agree. I sure hope I'm not one who stood you up, though. The way my brain functions anymore, it very well could be.

Anonymous said...

nice one, i just brought tons of different emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

On this Blog: