Monday, March 15, 2010

I don't remember growing older... when did they?

We had a little shin-dig this weekend for the boys' birthday.  I doctored up a few pictures to post, and when I went to upload them (by the file name) look what I found... several years' worth of birthday celebrations.  It floors me how much my little men have turned into fine young men.  Mr Joe Cool (Brenden) at the age of 9 is still playing it "cool" 8 years later.  Sometimes too much.
My little ball of SUNSHINE (Wade) is still bringing light into my days, and makes me learn things about myself that I didn't know that I didn't know.
I love these boys.  I love having had the time with them that I've had... and have to not think about all the time that I have missed out on.  My little boys are men... and I'm blessed to be part of their life.


WHEN DID HE GET TO BE A BEAUTY?
WHEN DID HE GROW TO BE SO TALL?
WASN`T IT YESTERDAY WHEN THEY WERE SMALL.
SUNRISE, SUNSET,
SUNRISE, SUNSET,
SWIFTLY FLOW THE DAYS;
SEEDLINGS TURN OVERNIGHT TO SUNFLOW`RS,
BLOSSOMING EVEN AS WE GAZE.

2 comments:

renee' said...

totally agree! Time passes too quickly, they are some handsome young men and I love the cool effects you did with the pictures.

Julie L said...

Slow down world, you're going too fast! You have some very good looking young men! But I, too, remember when you first moved in the ward and they were just little guys. That was yesterday, by the way. Wow!

On this Blog: